Everyone has written about My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy and how amazing it is so I won't go deep into it here. I'll only say that for how wrong Mr. West stays in every day life, he is equivalently right behind a sound board or a microphone. He can even turn Justin Bieber into not just palatable but highly enjoyable.
This negro is magic.
Other things I have a runaway love for this week:
- GetGlue - I'm obsessed. Allowing me track all my media consumption in real time and I get stickers and recommendations? This speaks to all my latent collector and organizer tendencies.
- Decoded - Jigga, with a little help from Dream Hampton, is really presenting what may become the definitive "hip hop is art" book. I mean, he's saying stuff like this.
- The Walking Dead (show and books) - The atmosphere of the show—the constant sense of dread—doesn't match the atmosphere of the comic books—the unrelenting tension and anxiety (at least in the first two volumes)—which is nice. I had been watching and reading both hoping to find some alignment but I've come to realize that I like that the show is forging it's own path. It gives me two completely distinct ways to enjoy the zombie apocalypse.
- Diaspora - I haven't done much there but being inclusive like this is promising. Enough to get me to join anyway.
- iThoughtsHD - a great mind mapping app on the iPad.
- Flickr Studio - another iPad app that gets me much more engaged with flickr. My only complaint is that it doesn't provide easy access to my activity stream.
- Mint - I could do without all the "advice" that is actually advertising in disguise but with so much going on these days, keeping a close eye on my dollars and cents provides a sense of comfort and control.