"I want somebody to speed it up for me and then take it down slow." - Madonna, 4 Minutes
December 15 – 5 Minutes
Imagine you will completely lose your memory of 2010 in five minutes. Set an alarm for five minutes and capture the things you most want to remember about 2010.
(Author: Patti Digh)
- Tiffany's face when I attempted to propose to her in the airport
- The queasiness in my stomach and the quiet in my voice when I got down on my knee in my apartment and asked
- The pain in my back after working on houses
- The giant cherry on a spoon in Minneapolis
- Driving around New Orleans with Derrick as he told me about "His City"
- Toasting the launch of the new home page on Disney.com
- Watching my sister show us her Abraham Lincoln
- Attending the Church of Love and Happiness with Melle and Anna
- The dance circle at The Black Keys
- Getting chased by pre-school age shark at The Taste of Beverly Hills
- Melle's face when J. walked through the door at Herbsaint
- Derrick's explanation of what he thought when he walked in the restaurant..."Who that Black?"
- Felicia's face at her first bite of food at August
- That I didn't want for much
- That I flew more than I've ever flown in my life
- That the challenges I had were always surmountable
- That my friends are the business
- That my family always surprises
- That Tiffany is forever my lady
*5 minutes goes quickly.