"I made it out of all a that but I ain't gonna be proud of that." - T.I., Here Ye, Hear Ye (feat. Sk8brd)
Prompt 27: Everything's Going to be OK
What is one thing, a sign if you will, that has shown you that things will be just fine in 2012?
I don't think I've ever began a year fearful that things wouldn't be "just fine" so I'm not sure why I would start now.
Every year is filled with it's complications and challenges, great and small. The question is always about how you will face them.
Increasingly, I meet them head on. So, if there's a sign that things will be just fine in 2012, it's me.
I still have a short-term memory for the bad, mad, and sad. I stil believe that I can handle whatever comes. And I'm a year wiser.
Why I think 2012 just might be great, though? Because I have fewer blind spots. I know where I can improve my health. I have a greater sense of where I'm headed professionally.
And, as I noted in great detail yesterday, I'm not in this by myself.
So, unless the Mayans were right, I expect 2012 to kick serious behind.
Soundtrack to this post
- Here Ye Hear Ye by T.I.
- Section 18 (Everything Starts At The Seam) by The Polyphonic Spree
- Everything by Sleater-Kinney
- Everything Is Everything (Acoustic) by Phoenix
- (Theme From) Everything Ends by American Analog Set
- Everythng I Am by Kanye West
- Everything Man by Talib Kweli
- Everything Is Fair by A Tribe Called Quest