"Make you dissapear quick like you're part of wind then laugh, aHaha ha, then laugh again." - Q-Tip, For The Nasty (Featuring Busta Rhymes)
Since I got linked by a blog called Sports Jones yesterday, I figured it was as good a time as any to talk sports here. I should do it more.
- The key part of the Men's NCAA championship game (outside of Sean May being unstoppable inside) was a coach's decision. Roy Williams had UNC play an aggressive zone on the perimeter that extended the Illinois guards another foot or two behind where they are used to launching threes while trusting that his bigs could control the middle. That was the difference between a 12-40 three point shooting night and something much much worse for the Tar Heels.
- Speaking of May, Wilbon and Kornheiser think he could be a Charles Oakley type. I'm thinking more like Elton Brand.
- Tiffany (and an LA Times Op-Ed) wants to know where's all the Women's NCAA news coverage? ESPN isn't to blame for the blackout though. They've done an exceptional job this year of giving the tourney its props and treating things like Pat Summit's insane victory total with the proper context they deserve.
- The Lakers. Blech. In talking with my parents this weekend, I didn't realize how heated I am about the Lake Show. They made horrible off-season decisions and the Heat look wonderful. I can't imagine what the Lakers can do to compete with upper echelon teams in the west and I can't imagine Lakers fans ever thinking of Kobe in rarefied air ever again. On the buildings across from Staples where they used to feature images of Kobe, Shaq, and Phil (and sometimes Horry and D-Fish and Karl Malone) they now feature classic shots of goggled Lakers Kareem, Big Game James, and Kurt Rambis. I doubt that would be the deal if Shaq was still here.
- I don't care about baseball.
- I also don't care about steroids.
- The End